Engineering, AI and robotics
Do you enjoy pushing boundaries and exploring new frontiers? Studying engineering at the University of Hertfordshire will give you the tools to make real change and shape the world around you. Our state-of-the-art facilities, combined with expert teaching, will enable you to gain skills and confidence in the usage and application of contemporary technology alongside designing and building engineering prototypes including robots.
Do you enjoy solving complex challenges and creating innovative solutions? A wide choice of Engineering subject areas: Aerospace, Automotive, Civil, Electronics, Mechanical and Robotics and AI Engineering, allows you the flexibility to opt for a career in any of these industrial sectors.
If you are attracted to software development and design of systems for the application of Artificial Intelligence the Department of Computer Science delivers a course where you can study the analysis, design and construction of knowledge-based and expert systems, artificial life and robotics, and systems based around the use of neural networks.
Whatever you decide to specialise in, you will benefit from hands on learning using industry-standard facilities.
Why choose this subject area?
- 1st in the East of England for Aeronautical and Aerospace Engineering (Complete University Guide, 2024)
- 10th nationally for Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Guardian University Guide, 2020)
- Brand-new School of Physics, Engineering and Computer Science building, opening in 2024. You’ll benefit from experiential learning zones, laboratories and hands on learning environments.
- Industry-standard facilities include engineering modelling & simulation laboratories, automotive workshops, wind tunnels, cutting edge materials and energy research laboratories.
- Enhance your employability by undertaking a paid placement year, previous placements include Airbus Space and Defence, Microsoft, BMW (UK) Manufacturing Ltd, Google, Rolls-Royce, IBM, GlaxoSmithKline, Airbus, Aston Martin and Bentley Motors
- Previous graduates have gone on to work for industry-leading companies such as McLaren, Deloitte, Global Invercom, EE, Sega Europe, Canon, Dyson, Ministry of Defence and JCB