Visa application guide

Pay your fees

Do I need a visa?

Depending on your nationality, you may need a visa to study in the UK. Visit the Home Office website to see if you need a visa.

All international students, including EU, EEA and Swiss nationals will need a valid immigration permission with study rights to study in the UK. To find visa information for EU, EEA and Swiss nationals please visit the Home Office website.

British National Overseas (including Hong Kong (BNO)) and British overseas citizens are advised to also check visa requirements on the Home Office website.

Ready to make your visa application?

Read through our guidance pages before you begin your visa application to ensure you have all your documents ready, are aware of any additional costs, and are making the right type of application for your length of study.

Student sitting at a table

Guidance and resources for applying for a Student visa for study in the UK. From CAS, IHS and BRPs, we...

Short term study and visitor visa

A Short-term Study Visa or Standard Visitor Visa will allow you entry to the UK to study a short course...

Visa compliance

Student Visa holders need to be aware of their responsibilities, working restrictions in the UK and how to remain compliant...

Wondering what to expect from the visa process?

Check out these student stories who documented their experiences in getting a visa for the UK.