Our biosciences degree programmes give you a sound foundation in the major aspects of biological theory, techniques and practice - from molecules and organelles, to organisms and ecosystems.
You will engage with a large array of subject materials, research and testing activities and benefit from our excellent research facilities. Our courses cross the disciplines of biochemistry, biological sciences, biomedical science, healthcare science (life sciences), molecular biology and pharmacology.
Our teaching staff have academic, industry and research expertise. You'll benefit from course material which has real world relevance. Below are some of our other key strengths:
- excellent facilities including the Science Building for teaching and research
- accreditation from the Society of Biology for our 4-year placement pathway
- flexibility within the biosciences programme for your final degree choice
- the opportunity to do a 1-year placement in industry
- a final year laboratory based project, teaching practical skills and general project planning skills.
The Science Building provides state-of-the-art teaching laboratories for biosciences including a dedicated bioscience and chemistry teaching laboratory.
Research laboratories provide facilities for our research work in a range of areas including:
- molecular biology
- cell biology