Global Economy research
Research Theme Champion: Dr Chamu Kuppuswamy (Hertfordshire Law School)
Our research addresses issues in the Global Economy including, innovation, development, and economic growth, with an emphasis on inclusive, sustainable processes and historical approaches to understanding the global economy.
From managing complex change, digitisation of labour, value creation, work-based learning, employment, development and leadership in organisations and professions, the role of institutions, international law and regulation, to the creative and digital economies, audio-engineering, adaptive systems, design and material culture, policy, and sustainable energy technologies, our researchers engage in specialist and interdisciplinary work, informing policy at the local, national, regional, and international levels.
This page gives you direct access to some of our key projects and offers links to the Research Centres and Groups, degree courses, PhD opportunities, news and public engagement that come under the Global Economy research theme.
Research Centres and Groups
Global economy research at the University of Hertfordshire takes place across a number of Research Centres, Groups and disciplines:
- Centre for Agriculture, Food and Environmental Management (CAFEM)
- Centre for Health Services
- Centre for Computer Science and Informatics Research (CCSIR)
- Centre for Educational Leadership
- Centre for Engineering Research (CER)
- Centre for Research on Management, Economoy and Society (CROMES)
- Centre for Research in Professional and Work Related Learning
- Design Research Group
- Digital Hack Lab
- Music and Entertainment Industries
Doctorates, degrees and courses
We offer one of the most diverse range of research degree programmes in the UK.
- Professional Doctorate in Business Administration
- Professional Doctorate in Design
- Professional Doctorate in Education
- Professional Doctorate in Engineering
- Professional Doctorate in Management
- Professional Doctorate in Project Management
Visit our Doctoral College to find out more.
Academics from the University of Hertfordshire are using the publication of the study’s findings to call for a fundamental redefinition of work in the digital age and the creation of...
28 November 2017
Latest from the Research Blog
Britain must commit to upholding civil liberties if the EU is to agree on security co-operation after Brexit14 Jun 2018
Contact us at the Research Office if you have any queries or would like to know more about research at the University of Hertfordshire.