Centre for research in professional and work-related learning
We apply the values and rigour of scholarship and research to examine practice and the concerns of practitioners, policy-makers and other stakeholders in areas including:
- social care and health
- 3rd sector
In partnership with regional, national and international communities of practitioners, policy-makers and researchers, we have developed a collaborative and dynamic research culture.
We are experienced in finding innovative ways of communicating research to a wide audience.
Our funded research and evaluation projects include:
- The uniqueness of TRACKS autism, a specialist early years’ centre; Puppet-making in primary schools; The impact of the Rural Dimension in specialist schools; Harrow First initial teacher education programme;
- Visions of blended learning in a university; Partnership in higher education publicity, policy & practice; A Transnational Education Toolkit; Partnership in Higher Education; Research - rich and - informed education.
- Elective home education in Hertfordshire; Troubled Families in Hertfordshire; Five Ways to Wellbeing in Buckinghamshire
- Evaluation of the Primary Science Quality Mark; The role of computational physics in students’ conceptual understanding of physics
- EFFeCT: European Methodological Framework for Facilitating Collaborative Learning for Teachers; EPNoSL: European Policy Network on School Leadership
What can we do for you?
In order to produce work which is independent, objective, of the highest quality and builds your capacity, we can:
- undertake a variety of research and evaluation activities.
- apply a range of methodological approaches.
- draw on the expertise of our internationally recognised researchers.
- work collaboratively, inclusively, responsively.
Our key audiences are managers, practitioners, policy-makers and members of the professional and academic community.
Funders of our work include:
- International: European Union, Malaysia Ministry of Education
- National: Government Agencies responsible for schools; Higher Education Academy; Specialist Schools and Academies Trust (now the Schools Network), the British Academy.
- Regional: County Councils, Hertfordshire Police and Probation Services, a Clinical Commissioning Group, charities.
Get in touch
Find out more about Education research at the University of Hertfordshire.