Visit the LRCs
The University welcomes Herts alumni, members of the public, prospective students, business visitors, researchers, and organised groups of visitors to our LRCs.
Both of our Learning Resources Centres (LRCs) will reopen to walk-in visitors from Tuesday 3 May.
Please see our opening hours page for times and service updates.
Please be aware that unaccompanied children or young people (aged 0 to 17 years old) are not currently permitted in our Learning Resources Centres.
For organised group visits please contact the Helpdesk for further information and to arrange your visit. Telephone: +44 (0)1707 284678 or email email@example.com
Visiting the Learning Resources Centre (LRC)
Visiting the Learning Resources Centre (LRC) with children or young people
We do understand that for some LRC users it may be necessary to occasionally bring a child or young person along when accessing LRC services - as such, we do permit young people under the age of 18 to come into the LRC with the following conditions.
- Visits with younger children should be limited to approximately 30 minutes
- To ensure a safe and secure environment all children must be supervised by their parent or appropriate adult at all times when inside LRC. i.e. the child should remain at the adult’s side throughout the visit
- Children are not permitted to use any library equipment, including computing equipment, or to use any device on the University wireless network
- The supervising adult must sign in with the child or young person on entry at the LRC Security desk and sign out when exiting
- By signing in, the supervising adult accepts sole responsibility for the child, including their quiet behaviour, good conduct, safety, and observation of relevant regulations
- Security and LRC staff reserve the right to refuse access or to ask adults with children to leave if their presence raises concerns for welfare or disturbs other LRC users
- A ‘child or young person’ includes all persons aged 0-17 inclusive.