Learning Resources Centres
We’re reopening safely and gradually
Our two large and modern Learning Resources Centres (LRCs) are central to life at Herts and home to a range of library and computing services and facilities supporting the Herts student academic journey.
In addition to thousands of print books, the LRCs also offer a range of study areas, access to a range of computers, hi-spec computing rooms, printing facilities, and Wi-Fi and power sockets for you to use your own devices throughout.
Both of our LRCs are now open to Herts students and staff. Core services are available including book borrowing via our ‘click and collect’ service, individual and group study spaces, computer, and software access, and online support and help. We will further enrich our service provision when is it safe to do so.
- College Lane and de Havilland LRCs are open 24/7
- See our service hours page for updates and details of any planned closures
Further detail about LRC services is available on AskHerts: ask.herts.ac.uk/learning-resources-centres
We know that students and LRC staff have missed the opportunity to receive and provide face-to-face support, but rest assured staff are available remotely to assist whatever the query.
- Many of our services are already available online 24/7, including our extensive collection of digital resources via the Online Library, helpdesk support, Library SkillUP, and our UH Library YouTube playlist, where you can view our collection of short videos covering a wide range of topics.
Keep up to date on the latest library updates by following us on on Twitter @uhlr and Instagram @uniofhertslibrary
Find out more
- Online Library
- Computing & software at Herts
- Learning Resources Centres
- Library and Computing response to COVID-19 (FAQs)
College Lane Campus LRC
Three floors of study suites with loads of tech, specialist facilities, library collections for science, technology, health and medicine, and creative industries
de Havilland Campus LRC
Spacious well-equipped study suites with library collections for law, business, management, sports science, education, and humanities.