Centre for Research in Public Health and Community Care (CRIPACC)
The Centre for Research in Public Health and Community Care (CRIPACC) is an internationally renowned multidisciplinary research centre focused on producing research that makes a difference to people’s lives by improving the quality of health and social care services and promoting health and wellbeing. At the last assessment of research quality (REF 2014) over 80% of our research was rated as world-leading or internationally excellent.
The Centre, which is part of the School of Health and Social Work, brings together over 30 researchers with backgrounds in nursing, primary care, public health, epidemiology, social work, the social sciences, mental health and nutrition. Key areas of research activity include:
I am a Professor of Food and Public Health and Director of the Centre for Research in Public Health and Community Care (CRIPACC), School of Health and Social Work.
In my own research I work at the interface of social science and public health particularly in relation to food and eating practices, food safety, malnutrition and weight/obesity and health/inequalities. I have directed several major research grants, including for the ESRC and Food Standards Agency. I was formerly a member of the FSA's Social Science Research Committee and convenor of the British Sociological Association's Food Study Group.
I am an Associate Dean Research in the School of Health and Social Work, a role shared with Professor Julia Williams.
Centre DirectorView profile
Meet the team
- Professor Frances Bunn: 01707 286457 Assistant Director of CRIPACC
- Tina Saunders: 01707 288535 Executive Assistant to Professor Wendy Wills, Director of CRIPACC and Professor Frances Bunn
- Lindsey Parker: 01707 284670 Senior Administrator, CRIPACC
- Suzi Alexander: 01707 285994 Research Excellence Framework (REF) Administrator
- Sonya Prime: 01707 285992 Public Involvement in Research Group (PIRg) and Service User and Public Involvement Core Group (SUPI) Administrator
- Teresa Tinworth: 01707 285990 Projects Administrator