Place Based Ageing
Our research focuses on older people with multiple health and social care needs, including the oldest old and those with cognitive impairment and dementia. We lead and collaborate on a programme of multi-disciplinary, externally funded studies on health care provision to older people and their family carers living at home, in care homes and in hospital. This includes how primary health care works with social care and long-term care providers to support this population.
For further information, contact Professor Kathryn Almack: Professor Claire Goodman.
Our activities fall into the following areas:
Dementia care research
- Dementia friendly health care and dementia aware communities
- Dementia and other co morbid health conditions
- Supporting care homes as partners in health and end of life care
- Understanding how to achieve shared decision for people living with dementia
Care home research
- Supporting integrated working between the NHS and care home providers
- Supporting care homes as partners in health and end of life care.
- end of life care and continence care for people living with dementia.
Support for older people with complex health needs
- People living with dementia and other co-morbid health conditions.
- Promoting partnership working, including shared decision making
Place based Ageing
Joint Leads: Prof. Claire Goodman, Prof. Kathryn Almack
|Older People' health and complex conditions - living well with dementia||Adult social care - living well in the the community|
|Lead: Prof Claire Goodman||Lead: Prof Kathryn Almack|
|Dr Mel Handley|
Dr Gizden Aldur
Dr Rebecca Hadley
Dr Greg Windle
|Dr Jenni Lynch|
Dr Alison Tingle
Dr Leisha O'Brien
Dr Krystal Warmouth
Dr Richard Vyniorgu