Tourism, hospitality and event management
Our Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management courses give you fantastic career opportunities through a programme of study which balances theory with practice.
Our undergraduate and postgraduate courses encourage you to develop management skills, including team building and team work, communication skills through report writing and delivering verbal presentations.
We offer you:
- dynamic staff with international experience in industry and consultancy, and a research background recognised at an international level
- close ties with the tourism, hospitality and events industry, and professional links and associations including high-profile guest speakers
- state of the art facilities
Field visits have also always formed an important part of the teaching and learning of tourism, hospitality and events at Hertfordshire. Our educational trips range from local visits within the UK to overseas visits to Europe, including France and Spain.
These optional visits are incorporated into the curriculum to reinforce theory and provide practical examples.
- Tourism Management (BA Hons)
- International Tourism Management (BA Hons)
- Event Management (BA Hons)
- Event Management and Marketing (BA Hons)
- Event Management and Tourism (BA Hons)
You can also combine Tourism Management or Event Management with another subject as part of our Business joint honours programme.
Choose from Accounting, Business, Economics, European Studies, Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Marketing or a language (either French, German, Spanish, Italian or Mandarin Chinese).
Our students gain valuable work experience during their third year by working for companies such as Disney, TUI, Gatwick Airport, Olympic Holidays, Thomson Reuters, Whitbread, Sandals Resort, Lastminute.com and Porsche.
Need financial support?
We offer a part funded scholarship to the highest performing full-time, UK/EU student on the first year of the BA Hons Tourism Management degree, based on their Semester A results. There are also other scholarships available for high achieving, gifted and entrepreneurial students.