Facilities at the School of Health and Social Work
The School of Health and Social Work specialist facilities are based within Meridian House in Hatfield town centre and College Lane Campus. From clinical skills laboratories to simulation hospital wards and specialist manikins, along with state-of-the-art audio-visual equipment that enhances lectures and conferences, you'll have the tools you need to enhance your learning experience.
Explore our Meridian House facilities
Simulation is an essential part of our healthcare programmes where students can practice true to life procedures and scenarios in a realistic yet completely safe environment. Our students benefit from first class facilities in our specialist simulation laboratories at College Lane Campus and our Clinical Simulation Centre which is dedicated to teaching nursing and midwifery in Meridian House.
- Clinical Simulation Centre (Meridian House) - the Centre comprises of general hospital wards, delivery suites, neonatal and child wards and domestic living space to represent home visits and community settings. To support the teaching there are HD video recording facilities, VR headsets that imitate virtual reality scenarios and specialist baby and adult manakins which are fully interactive and programmable.
- Physiotherapy skills laboratories - giving you the opportunity to enhance hands-on, practical skills and develop self-confidence in combination with your theoretical studies.
- Paramedics first-class skills - newly refurbished clinical skills laboratories, simulation ambulance and a range of high-fidelity manikins to simulate urgent and emergency scenarios.
- Diagnostic Radiography - dedicated x-ray room, CT scanner, ultrasound laboratories for practical hands-on skills practice.
- Therapeutic Radiography - virtual linear accelerator (VERT) and radiotherapy planning laboratories are equipped to allow practical skills learning in all aspects of a patient's journey through radiotherapy.
- Occupational Therapy - access to moving and handling equipment and the recently adapted specialist bathroom and kitchen areas to help people with disabilities live independently.
Clinical Simulation Centre (Health Research Building)
The Clinical Simulation Centre in the Health Research Building is a multi-disciplinary learning environment which is shared with the School of Life and Medical Science. There is a range of teaching and simulation facilities including; ITU/ward simulation area, simulated G.P. surgery and counselling room as well as a mock pharmacy and optical laboratories.
Learning and leisure facilities
Read more about the facilities at the University of Hertfordshire.