Book an open event
Thinking of studying for a postgraduate degree at the University of Hertfordshire? Let's Talk Postgrad is the perfect opportunity for you to speak directly to our expert academics to learn more about your course of interest, life as a postgraduate student and the opportunities that further study offers.
Hourly subject sessions take place from 18 - 22 March, at 16.00 or 17.00.
This online event will help you to:
- find out more about module content, delivery and assessment methods
- ask about employment prospects, our invaluable industry connections, accreditations and placement opportunities.
Why choose Herts?
- Industry Connections: you’ll benefit from our industry connections with local organisations, including Ocado, Tesco, and Amazon. Many local business organisations are amongst the biggest in the country and contribute to our programmes as guest lecturers and attend careers fairs for our students
- Industry-Focused Content: you’ll explore business culture and learn many of the fundamentals of managing a business in areas such as digital marketing, accounting, people management, strategy, technology, logistics, and more
- Employment Prospects: many graduates go onto work as senior managers for governments, charities, and large international/multinational organisations including the NHS, PwC and Amazon
About the course
The MSc Management is designed to provide you with a multidisciplinary approach to management. Upon graduation, you’ll be equipped with the personal and professional skills needed to be competent and successful managers in modern businesses.
You’ll develop a strong foundation of understanding of the role of management and its implementation across different industries. From developing an understanding of the role of management in the wider international economy, to the responsibilities of management to society, sustainability, and the planet, you’ll explore management from a range of perspectives.
The course also gives you the opportunity to focus your studies in different critical areas of managements based on your personal and professional aspirations.
Why choose this course?
Our Postgraduate studies are sector leading amongst over 100 Higher Education Institutions in the UK as evidenced by our extraordinary achievement:
- 1st out of 85 universities for business and management in the Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey (PTES, Advance HE, 2023)
- 1st for Skills Development, 2nd for Support, Resources, Community and Assessment (Advance HE, 2023)
Throughout the course, you’ll benefit from access to a rich academic culture and be taught by staff from a range of management professionals and professors. They’ll be there to support you throughout your learning journey.
A large proportion of our academic staff began their training as professional accountants, lawyers, project managers, human resource managers and economists. Their experience from a range of business disciplines builds the foundations of the supportive, engaging and diverse environment within Hertfordshire Business School. Additionally, many of our academics are doctorally qualified and research active.
You’ll also benefit from external expertise. Many local organisations, including Tesco, Amazon and Ocado, contribute to our course as guest lecturers. You’ll also have the opportunity to make important industry connections at careers fairs.
What will I study?
You’ll cover the basics of a range of core managements skills and disciplines. The breadth of areas studied will give you highly transferable skills, relevant to most work environments, which will enable you to become an effective employee or a future entrepreneur.
You’ll benefit from an integrated teaching approach where theory is combined with practice across the modules. This is reflected in the assessment methods which include:
- case studies
- group work
- essays and written reports.
- regular quizzes
- simulations and research reports
The course also places a great emphasis on the development of sound research practices and training to enable you to develop the essential skills needed to succeed in an increasingly global world and knowledge economy.
You’ll have the opportunity to undertake a subject specific Research Proposal, working in groups with the support of a research tutor. You’ll be offered subject specialist help as you begin the process, enabling you to select an appropriate and viable research area from a range of approved research questions. You will be supported across all areas of research related activity either with a series of one-to-one and small group meetings – leading you forward but also relying on your developing personal independent learning skills
|Strategic Leadership and HR Management
|Strategic Marketing & Entrepreneurship
|Using Financial Data
|Analytics for Operations and Logistics Management
|Research Skills for Management Decisions
|Independent applied research in Management
Find out more about Ayodele Onabanjo
Further course information
|Course fact sheets
Sandwich placement or study abroad year
Applications open to international and EU students
At the University of Hertfordshire, we want to make sure your time studying with us is as stress-free and rewarding as possible. We offer a range of support services including; student wellbeing, academic support, accommodation and childcare to ensure that you make the most of your time at Herts and can focus on studying and having fun.
You can also read our student blogs to find out about life at Herts.