At Hertfordshire Business School we firmly believe that business can only be successful if employees are motivated and have opportunities to develop their potential.
That's why, to meet the needs of employers, employees and entrepreneurs, we offer a wide range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and short courses, as well as corporate training programmes in specific business-related functions and other disciplines designed to shape new ways of thinking and give employees the skills and knowledge to go further.
Our range of corporate training programmes can be tailored to suit your organisation's needs, whether that means using our facilities or yours, half day or full day sessions, face-to-face or online. We will customise the content to suit the level and experience of your staff and to reflect the needs of your business.
Contact us to discuss how we can help your business.
We offer training and CPD in the following areas:
A range of courses designed to give an introduction to a particular skill set or business area:
- effective marketing
- project management
- agile project management
- managing people
- finance for non-financial managers
- brilliant customer service
- the effective organisation: developing the strategic manager
- getting the best from a contract
- business communications and report writing.
Small business development
Designed specifically for small businesses, these courses will help provide you with all the tools needed to ensure your business grows and excels:
- getting the most out of your staff
- making your business grow
- finance for the start-up and small business
- start-up skills for entrepreneurs
- effective marketing for the small business
- employing people and the law
- strategic business planning
- getting started with email marketing
- instagram for SMEs
- numbers for business.
Helping managers to enhance their leadership and managerial skills to maximise effective performance within the organisation:
- stepping up to leadership and management
- managing performance
- high-performing teams
- leading in uncertainty
- first-line management: the essential toolkit
- positive conflict management
- general management development
- advanced management development.
A series of courses designed to create a positive approach to change, and develop leadership skills to deliver a better future for your organisation:
- responsible leadership
- the effective manager
- social enterprise leadership
- implementing change
- change management
- mapping a better future
- leading to a better future
The essential skills to improve effectiveness, increase productivity, and develop careers, along with enhancing wellbeing:
- developing confidence and credibility
- why resilience matters
- work your workplace: building better relationships
- appropriate assertiveness
- personal impact: building brand YOU
- power and politics in the workplace
- building a better work/life balance
- be time-smart
- creative thinking, better decisions.
Coaching and mentoring
By taking seriously the conversations that happen in the workplace, these skills can really help the effectiveness of any organisation and the development of its individuals:
- coaching in the workplace
- introduction to mentoring
- building a mentoring programme
- management coaching skills
- solution-focused coaching
- mentoring skills for remote-working teams.
Virtual working and communication
Online working and learning has become a part of all our lives. But how effective is your organisation? These courses can help:
- remote leadership
- managing virtual teams
- zooming for novices
- excel at the new normal
- virtual networking skills
- vlog or blog.