The Ask Herts hubs provide specialist support and advice to staff, students and applicants. Our fantastic team of friendly staff are trained to give you advice and guidance on a wide-range of matters which you may encounter during your studies.
What we can help you with
Report and Support
If you witness an incident or are worried about someone else, please inform the Office of the Dean of Students.Find out more
- Information on course criteria and eligibility
- Processing of your course application and advice throughout the application process
- Allocation of accommodation
- Financial support and guidance
- Administration of scholarships
- Advice and support with tuition fee and maintenance loans from the Student Loans Company, including US and Canadian loans
- Collecting payments for tuition and accommodation fees at our Place2Pay counter
- Issuing ID cards
If you wish to authorise a third party (including your parents) to discuss matters relating to you with any of the teams based in the Ask Herts hubs, you will need to request an Authorisation form when you talk to us.
We will then email out the form so that you can select which areas you are happy to be discussed, this includes:
- Finance (payments and debt)
- Accommodation (fees and deposits)
- Student loans and/or funding
- Your student record
- Your visa
On the form, you will need to provide a Keyword, which will need to be correctly given by the person calling on your behalf. The form should be returned to the team who sent it to you.
Please note that authorisation will be valid for 3 months. You can then choose to extend it or not.
Phone: +44( 0)1707 28 4800
Our opening times can change dependent on the time of year, please find the most up to date information regarding opening times here.
Please note that Place2Pay is only located in Ask Herts Hutton and closes 15-minutes before the main closing time each day.
If you require assistance out of hours, visit ask.herts.ac.uk to see if there is an online article that can provide the information you are looking for.
Ask Herts Innovation is located between the Main Reception and the LRC on the College Lane Campus.
Ask Herts de Havilland is located in M Block on the de Havilland Campus.