Psychology will give you an understanding of important issues such as the extent to which people are the product of their genes or upbringing, how the brain stores memories and thoughts, why people obey authority, and the best ways ways to promote and improve health. By studying psychology you will explore the range of biological, social, and environmental influences on our thoughts, feelings and behaviours, using the latest scientific research approaches and theory.
Why choose this subject area?
- ranked joint-first nationally for research impact, with research conducted by the Centre of Psychology and Sports Sciences obtaining 100% outstanding rating (2021 Research Excellence Framework)
- BSc (Hons) Psychology is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and includes access to excellent facilities, including observation laboratories, motion capture systems and brain activity monitors
- BA (Hons) Psychology in Education enables you to apply psychology to education and learning, explored through live, real-life scenarios using a practical approach
- the Extended Degree in Science - Psychology includes an initial year with a lower entry requirement as an alternative pathway onto our BSc (Hons) Psychology degree
View our Undergraduate courses
|Course title||UCAS 2023 tariff||UCAS code|
|Initial Year for Extended Degree in Science - Psychology||B905|
|BSc (Hons) Psychology||C800|
|BA (Hons) Psychology in Education||X311|
|BA (Hons) Sociology and Psychology||L3C8|
Sign up for Clearing support package
Exclusive content to help you through Clearing
- Tips and info sent straight to your inbox
- Clearing advice livestream
- Subject campus tour
- 1-on-1 call with advisor
- Downloadable university starter kit
- Opportunity to have your first year society membership fee paid upon enrolment
'It was wonderful to get back into studying. I had inspiring lecturers who challenged me to think deeply and critically. There were quite a number of mature students, so I never felt that I was not part of the student body.'