MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development
Why choose Herts?
- Industry Connections: you’ll benefit from our industry connections with local organisations, including Ocado, Tesco, and Amazon. Many local business organisations are amongst the biggest in the country and contribute to our programmes as guest lecturers and attend careers fairs for our students
- Industry-Focused Content: you can look forward to working on real projects and cases. These will familiarise you with the working environment, boos your confidence within your field, teach you teamwork while improving your leadership qualities and enhancing soft skills such as communication, logical and analytical thinking
- Employment Prospects: our marketing graduates possess the top skills looked for by employers and as a result, many go on to work as brand and marketing specialists in a range of sectors including charities, government and large international/multinational organisations.
You will benefit from our strong links with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM). The Business School is a CIM Strategic Partner and hosts the regional CIM Club that our students can attend and network. The partnership makes our Herts graduates particularly attractive to employers.
CIM qualifications can be gained alongside student memberships.
About the course
MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development is designed to develop master’s level knowledge and skills within the marketing discipline and to enhance employability within this field.
The Programme offers 3 award routes that you can choose to study:
- One-year full-time MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development
- Two year full-time MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development (Sandwich)
- Two year MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development (Experiential Learning).
The two-year full-time MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development welcomes you for a September entry only.
The course offers you the opportunity to explore Global Business Development in several areas. It deepens your marketing knowledge and understanding by laying a foundation through modules covering competitive advantage, integrated marketing communications, strategic customer engagement, and contemporary marketing. You also cover entrepreneurial marketing as we recognise that marketing in small organisations is different to that in large organisations.
You will have the opportunity to focus on proposal and bid management, explore effective marketing management and global business development. You will also explore entrepreneurial marketing. There will also be the opportunity to conduct either an independent major research project within your area of interest or an applied marketing project.
You will also build a strong network of marketing contacts. Some will become your close friends, and a few may even become your future colleagues.
Who is the course for?
This MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development has been designed for:
- Graduates who have an undergraduate degree in marketing and want to specialize further while focused on Global Business Development
- Graduates who have an undergraduate degree in another discipline but want to specialize in marketing while focused on Global Business Development
- Marketing professionals who want to specialize even further within the discipline of Global Business Development.
Why choose this course?
This course provides a world-recognised master’s degree, together with relevant practical experience, giving you a unique combination of sought-after skills that are transferrable to a wide range of sectors.
The one-year full-time programme is a great opportunity for students wanting to pursue traditional postgraduate study in the UK. The two-year full-time programme is a great opportunity for those who want to dive even deeper into the world of marketing by experiencing practice within the field. All pathways provide the opportunity to:
- Study a range of marketing and global business subjects from a holistic perspective in a marketing context
- Develop a unique combination of skills that are transferrable to a professional workplace and sought after by employers worldwide
- Engage in a wider university curriculum within our diverse community, and enhance your employability to graduate with more than just a degree
- Personalise your study through research options that include a dissertation or applied marketing project that applies to Global business development
- Network with the larger community of students and faculty to gain more experience and connections within the community.
What will I study?
In semester A, you will study four modules (each 15 credits) that are 100% coursework. These modules are:
Delivering Competitive advantage
Integrated Marketing Communications
Strategic Customer Engagement
When progressing to Semester B, you will specialise in the field of Global Business Development with three modules (15 credits each) with 100% Coursework. These modules are:
Proposal and Bid Management
Effective Marketing Management
Global Business Development
Additionally, you will be offered a choice of either a dissertation or an applied marketing project that you will have to complete during Semesters B and C.
|Delivering Competitive Advantage||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Integrated Marketing Communications||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Strategic Customer Management||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Contemporary Marketing||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Entrepreneurial Marketing||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Advanced Research for Marketing Practitioners||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Proposal and Bid Management||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Effective Marketing Management||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Global Business Development||15 Credits||Compulsory|
|Marketing Dissertation||45 Credits||Optional|
|Applied Marketing Project||45 Credits||Optional|
Associate Professor of Enterprise Dr Christopher Brown
Find out more about Associate Professor of Enterprise Dr Christopher Brown
Programme Leader Dr Diane Morrad
Find out more about Programme Leader Dr Diane Morrad
Subject Group Leader Hajni Handler
Find out more about Subject Group Leader Hajni Handler
Further course information
|Course fact sheets|
|MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development||Download|
|MSc Strategic Marketing with Global Business Development||Download|
Sandwich placement or study abroad year
Applications open to international and EU students
At the University of Hertfordshire, we want to make sure your time studying with us is as stress-free and rewarding as possible. We offer a range of support services including; student wellbeing, academic support, accommodation and childcare to ensure that you make the most of your time at Herts and can focus on studying and having fun.
You can also read our student blogs to find out about life at Herts.