The day-to-day running of the University is the responsibility of the Vice-Chancellor, our Chief Executive and Academic Head.
The Office of the Vice-Chancellor is a Professional Strategic Business Unit (SBU) which brings together a number of teams which support a range of corporate activity.
A number of key corporate teams complete the Office of the Vice-Chancellor. These include:
- Equality Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Office
- The EDI Office supports the University to promote equality, value diversity and maintain an inclusive ethos of dignity and respect for everyone.
- Governance Services
- Governance Services manages and administers central committees and boards within our formal governance structure, is responsible for the formal written record of the business conducted and for a range of other corporate functions such as the Charitable Trust, compliance, the regulatory framework, calendars, elections, etc.
- People, Development and Change
- The People, Development and Change office assist in the development and delivery of our strategy by driving fitness for purpose and continuous improvement across the University, and running activities related to business risk management.
- Internal Audit Services
- Internal Audit Services provides our Board of Governors, Vice-Chancellor and other managers with assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of risk management, value for money, and control and governance arrangements.
- Learning and Teaching Innovation Centre (LTIC)
- The Learning and Teaching Innovation Centre (LTIC) drives the strategic development, implementation and enhancement of educational practice across the University. Its mission is to: 'Inspire innovation; learn and share what is possible and support the development of excellent educational experiences for our students.'
- The LTIC provides the focus for developing and inspiring individual teachers, programmes and courses as well as helping to shape the online environment to support our learning and teaching agenda across current and new modes of delivery.
- Legal and Compliance Services
- Legal and Compliance Services provides legal advice and support to our Schools and central departments.
- Occupational Health and Safety Office
- The Health, Safety and Sustainability Team provide our Board of Governors and Vice-Chancellor with assurance that there are safety and sustainability management arrangements across the University. Additionally, the team provides support to staff with Occupational Health and Staff wellbeing.
- The office provides a wide range of services including advisory, training, liaising with enforcing authorities (HSE, Fire Service and Environment Agency) on behalf of the senior managers and the University community.
- Policy Office
- The Policy Office provides strategic advice to the Vice-Chancellor and senior team, influencing current thinking and policy development and helping to raise the profile of the University by building relationships in political circles.