Adult nursing courses
What is adult nursing?
Adult nursing is challenging, inspiring and rewarding.
You will come into contact with a range of people from 16 years on. It provides variety and brings a diverse array of challenges.
There are many situations an adult nurse may encounter such as:
- Providing cardiac rehabilitation to a 40 year old man who has had a heart attack
- Assessing an 18 year old in Accident and Emergency following a motor cycle accident
- Providing wound care to a 78 year old lady in her home
The opportunities and situations are endless...
What personal attributes does an adult nurse require?
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing situations
- The ability to communicate effectively with people from a range of diverse backgrounds
- Practical skills
- The ability to remain calm in difficult situations
- Empathy with patients and their families and the ability to gain trust
- Confidence to make decisions
- The ability to work independently and to work as part of a team.