It's important to research the animation industry and make sure this is what you want to do with your life. You should know the names of the companies you want to work for and what they do. Who are the directors and artists that inspire you?
Learn how to improve your artistic skills by reading the books below. Complete the exercises where relevant:
- The Animator’s Survival Kit by Richard Williams
- Dream Worlds by Hans Bacher
- Vision by Hans Bacher
- Imaginative Realism by James Gurney
- The Illusion of Life by Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas
- Light by Richard Yot
- The Art and Science of Digital Compositing by Ron Brinkmann
- Making Comics by Scott McCloud
- Understanding Animation by Paul Wells
- Film Art: An Introduction by Bordwell and Thompson.
Improve your knowledge of software or art techniques by exploring the below resources: