Applicants to taught postgraduate courses in the School of Creative Arts should apply directly to the University through links on each course page.
General application advice
To consider an application for a taught postgraduate course, we will need at least the following:
- A personal statement which explains why you want to study your chosen subject at master’s level and what you hope to gain from studying at the University of Hertfordshire.
- A portfolio of previous work showing that you have the practical skills and conceptual ability to successfully undertake master’s level study.
- The name of at least one referee who knows you and your work well and can provide an assessment of your abilities and suitability for postgraduate study.
- Details of your previous study at bachelor’s level or above.
- Details of any relevant commercial experience (optional).
You will also need to provide the following:
- Your contact details which must include a personal email address.
- Details of your nationality.
- Evidence of proficiency in English where your undergraduate course was not delivered in English – you will need at least IELTS 6.5 with at least 5.5 in all elements (or equivalent).
Some courses have specific requirements when it comes to your application. To help you prepare, please visit the links below to view subject-specific advice:
- MA Art Therapy
- MA Digital Media Arts
- MA Fashion
- MA Film & Television Production
- MA Games Art & Design
- MA Graphic Design (including Online)
- MA Illustration (including Online)
- MA Interior Architecture & Design
- MA Product Design
- Postgraduate Music