Getting the most out of your visit
Our on-campus events are the perfect opportunity to visit our facilities, meet our staff and students and get a feel for life at Herts. Throughout the day we run programme tasters and practical sessions as well as specialised facilities tours and accommodation show rooms.
Plan your day
We recommend planning your day in advance so that you can get the most out of your on-campus experience at Herts. Creating a plan for the day and familiarising yourself with campus layout and locations can help ensure you have time to fit everything in! Download our College Lane Campus map and de Havilland Campus map.
Our current students were in your shoes not long ago. Read some tips and experiences on how to make the best out of your day from one of our own current students blogs.
Have your questions prepared
We are more than happy to answer any questions that you have, and we advise you prepare some questions beforehand that you would like to know to ensure you make the most informed decision when deciding which university! We have listed some typical questions and ideas below:
- Your chosen subject - How will you be taught and what will you learn about? What assessment methods are used? Will there be opportunities for work placements or study abroad? You might also want to ask what careers previous graduates have gone in to.
- Your application – If you are yet to apply you may have specific questions around entry requirements or what you should include in your personal statement? If you have already applied, you may want to ask about interviews or portfolios and what your next steps are.
- Facilities and Transport - Ask about the campus facilities, the surrounding area and what the transport links are like.
- Careers - Speak to the careers team - ask about placements, alumni, and your employability upon graduation.
- Student Support - Find out what societies you can get involved with, the student support that is offered and chat to our student services team.
- Finances - Have a chat with the student finance team about fees and loans you may be entitled to and find out the timeline of when to apply for finance and when to expect payments. How about any budgeting tips our team can help you with?
- Accommodation - Ask about what room and campus options are available, what is included, how to apply and what you need to bring with you.
- Current Students - Talk to current students, ask about their experiences, what advice would they give and find out what being a student at Herts is like!
Where do I register on the day?
There are check-in points on campus, you can find these check-in points locations labelled within the map in the programme and your pre-event emails.
You will receive your check-in QR code via email before the event. Check-in commences at 09.30, please make sure you have your QR code ready.
Can I bring guests?
You can add and amend guests within your booking portal. You are permitted to bring two guests with you, please ensure you include guests when registering and book your session of interest to avoid missing out.
Can I attend more than one subject session?
You can visit more than one subject on the day and if you do not have the chance to visit both subject sessions there will be a subject tutor or ambassador there on the day to talk 1-2-1 with.
If you cannot find the course that you are interested in on our booking form and we offer this, please select the subject closest to your chosen interest. On the day there will be a session or someone to talk to about the course. If you are not sure please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Food and drink
We have a variety of places to eat, take a break or to grab a quick coffee. Street food, Subway, Starbucks and our all plant-based café are open on the day.
Full list of our food outlet opening times below:
College Lane Campus:
- Gallery café - 10.00 – 14.00
- Café Rore 08.00 – 15.00 - Drinks, Cold Grab and Go
- College Lane Shop – 08.00 – 15.00
- Starbucks - 08.00 – 15.00
- Subway - 10.00 – 15.00 – Lunch menu only
- EleHouse – 11.00 – Full menu - Doors open and music on!
de Havilland Campus:
- Ambition – 08.00
- de Havilland Shop – 08.00 – 15.00
- Café Sport – normal opening hours
Travel and parking information
Our visits are held across our College Lane and de Havilland Campuses, the where to find us page can help with planning your journey. If you are planning to use public transport, we are well connected and run a free regular campus shuttle bus from Hatfield train station during applicant/open days. You can also use UNO bus and Arriva to get to us. If you are driving there is plenty of parking available on campus and it is free to all visitors (no ticket required).
Whether you're thinking of living on campus or commuting would be more suitable for your circumstances, ensure you find out as much information as you can to help make your decision. Our staff and student ambassadors can help answer questions about campus facilities, the surrounding area and what the transport links are like.
Changing your booking
You can edit or cancel your booking via your booking portal page which is linked within your confirmation emails.
If you can no longer attend, we offer regular campus and accommodation tours, alternatively, you can also take a virtual tour.
We also run regular virtual events at key times of your application journey.
What COVID-19 measures do you have in place?
Face coverings are no longer be mandatory in university buildings, teaching spaces, or communal areas. However, in line with the Government, we do recommend that you wear a face-covering in crowded spaces or in situations where you are with people you do not normally meet. In all other circumstances, wearing a face covering is a personal choice. We advise to continue respecting social distancing when on tours, viewing accommodation, and during sessions, where, where possible.
No test is required; however, we do ask that if you are experiencing any COVID symptoms to take a test before attending or booking onto another event or campus tour in the future. As much as we would love to see you on campus the safety of our staff, students and visitors is paramount.
If you need to self-isolate, there are plenty of opportunities to visit Herts, you can book onto one of our campus and accommodation tours which run every Wednesday or Saturday.
Please contact email@example.com and our Open days team will be happy to help.