Research in this group focuses on topical areas of interest, including the cognitive neuropsychology and brain pathology of major disorders including:
- Dementia and cognitive decline - Keith Laws
- Obsessive compulsive disorder - Keith Laws and Naomi Fineberg
- Cognition in Schizophrenia - Keith Laws and John Done
- Body Consciousness, Attention and Space - Paul Jenkinson and Rebecca Knight
- Statistical modelling of longitudinal psychological problems - John Done
Researchers use specialised techniques, such as experimental and psychometric assessment of brain-damaged patients and healthy individuals, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, neural interventions in animals, and neural network modelling.
Joint research is being conducted with groups in Cambridge, Oxford, Nottingham, and other international researchers.