Each year at the University of Hertfordshire we welcome a significant number of students who disclose a disability.
Students who use the service say it is invaluable and equips them with the skills and support they need to succeed in their studies.
The diversity of support available means that we provide a tailored service to meet the individual needs of our disabled students.
Areas of guidance
Disability Services offer specialist advice and guidance for all students and staff regarding the diverse range of available specialist provision including:
- Disability Advisers who can agree support for studies
- Exam adjustments for students
- Specialist Study Skills Tuition
- Specialist Mentoring
- Notetakers and General Assistants
- Communication Support and British Sign Language bookings
- Assistive Technology training and loan of specialist equipment
- Diagnostic Assessment for Specific Learning Difficulties
- DSA Needs Assessment service
Many of these services are primarily awarded through your Disabled Students Allowance (DSA).
If you have a disability, but are not eligible for DSA funding we can normally cover the cost of this service through the University of Hertfordshire Disability Fund.
Contact us if you are unsure about which funding method is right for you.
Who to contact in Disability Services
|Area of interest||Telephone|
|General enquiries||StudentWellbeing@herts.ac.uk||+44 (0)1707 284453|
|Applicants to the University||Emma Diston||+44 (0)1707 284334|
|Current students||StudentWellbeing@herts.ac.uk||+44 (0)1707 284453|
|Diagnostic Assessment Service|
|Needs Assessment Service|
|Specialist Study Skills Tuition|