Help and support
We all need a little help from time to time, so it's good to know the University of Hertfordshire is here to give you the support you need.
What personal support is available?
At the University of Hertfordshire we'd like to help make your student life with us as rewarding and stress-free as possible. While much of your time will be spent in your own specialist academic area, you may want to access some of the other support services we offer all UH students.
From counselling to childcare, careers guidance to our chaplaincy, it's good to know there's help available when you need it:
- Our counselling service - when you need someone to talk to.
- Financial support - helping take the pressure off you.
- Childcare - your kids in safe hands so you can get on with studying.
- University of Hertfordshire multi-faith chaplaincy - a tranquil haven to retreat to, make friends and find answers, whatever your faith.
- Career guidance - helping your decision-making and enhancing your employability.
- Disability services - to help ensure that disabled people are able to get the best out of their time at the University.
- The Equality Office – for information, guidance and support on all equal opportunities at the University. All University staff have been trained in equality and diversity. The University is also participating in a Higher Education Academy Project on 'Promoting an inclusive culture in learning, teaching and assessment'.
- Medical support - our on-campus medical centre and Campus Pharmacy are on hand when you need them to provide medical care for all our students.
- The Student Centre - home to a wide range of student services, advice and information, all under one roof.