How can we help you?
The Chaplaincy is here to support all students and staff of all faiths and none. We offer some quiet spaces and places to pray, meditate or reflect. The Chaplaincy team is here to help encourage spiritual growth, exchange and well-being at the University. We also have a number of volunteer Chaplains from a variety of faiths. We provide:
- quiet spaces and places to pray, meditate or relax
- weekly spiritual events
- social events and activities
- spaces to meet new people from different cultures and religions
- information on spiritual needs and local places of worship
- an inclusive welcome
- spiritual and general well-being support, or just someone to talk to.
The Key is a peaceful, welcoming haven for students and staff based on our College Lane campus.
We have three dedicated areas within the Key:
- The Robert Runcie Rotunda – a large, circular room used for reflection, prayer and worship. There are dedicated ‘Silent Times’
- The Living Room and outdoor deck – a space to relax and chat, use the kitchen and find spiritual books
- The Olive Hall - a daily Muslim prayer space and can host large events (such as Jum'ah prayer). Next to the Olive Hall there are dedicated washing facilities.
You can book rooms for events and meetings which are in keeping with the aims and purpose of the centre. Student faith societies need to make booking requests through the Societies Office of the Hertfordshire Students' Union. Other groups should contact the Chaplain directly.
The Multi-Faith Space is a shared facility on our de Havilland campus. There is a screened area for discreet prayer or meditation, and social space.
Phone: +44 (0)7702 442696 (Mon - Fri, office hours)
The Key is located on the College Lane campus.
The Multi Faith Space is on de Havilland campus opposite the Students’ Union shop.