This course is due to be validated at a Validation conditions event which will be held on November 2020.
We anticipate that there will be further enhancements made to the course as a result of the Validation.
Our website and printed literature will be updated following completion of the Validation process in order to provide applicants with further confirmed details on the following:
- module titles
- whether the modules are core or optional
- the expected contact hours
- how the course will be assessed
- staff teaching on the course
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2020/2021. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details.
About the course
Studying an MBA can transform the way you think and the way you work, change the way others see you and open up new leadership and management opportunities.
This MBA enables you to develop the critical and reflective strategic leadership skills you need to succeed in an uncertain world, challenging your assumptions, cultivating flexible thinking, effective decision making and responsible management.
The MBA at a glance
- Start Date: January and September
- Duration: 2.5 years (part time)
- Delivery: 10 block teaching weekends (Friday - Sunday)
- Assessment: Combination of exams, presentations, written assignments and projects
- Award: MBA or MBA (Senior Leader Apprenticeship)
How to apply for the MBA
The Executive MBA has specific guidelines for applications. For information on accompanying documents required, interviews and entry criteria for the Hertfordshire Executive MBA, please visit our How to apply page for all the relevant details.
Degree Apprentice applicants should contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Why choose this course?
The Hertfordshire Executive MBA is a distinctive course that will expand your mind and your network. The course offers you:
- Earn a highly respected Master of Business Administration (MBA) studying part time alongside your existing job.
- Take a life-changing professional journey and expand your mind, skills, career potential and professional network.
- Challenge your assumptions and gain a critical, reflexive approach to strategic leadership and management.
- Focus on industry best practice and live consultancy, underpinned by cutting-edge research.
- Make a powerful difference to your organisation by developing a strategic, global outlook and experience of everything from accounting to marketing.
What will I study?
Our teaching and learning methods enable the development and sharing of skills and knowledge and are built on an expectation of active involvement in the programme.
A participative style is used throughout to enable students to learn from each other as well as from teaching staff. Experiential learning is central to our teaching philosophy.
There is a considerable emphasis on the utilisation of theory and knowledge to make sense of your own and fellow participants' experiences at work. Case study material is widely used alongside case histories developed by fellow participants.
To ensure you gain real world business insights, we combine group based learning with practical applications. The Collective Enterprise module and your Applied Individual Project enable you to work with industry leaders to help provide solutions to their current business challenges.
Our Master of Business Administration really is career changing. In fact, by their Second Year, over half of our current MBA students had changed roles. Many secured promotions with their current employer, while others gained the confidence to change companies, begin new careers or launch their own business.
To help you do the same, we’ve embedded career development into every part of our postgraduate teaching. You’ll also have access to our career coach, with sessions on topics including personal branding, personal impact and difficult conversations, plus our Business School careers team, alumni network and regular career-focused events.
I chose the Hertfordshire MBA for its practice-led approach, as well as the faculty staff's involvement, live research and active consultancy.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.