At Herts, we want our alumni to continue to feel part of our community long after graduation. There are so many ways that you can stay connected to us after completing your studies.
We believe our alumni are our best ambassadors. Your experience, expertise, and knowledge inspires the next generation of graduates. There are so many ways that you can help, and you can choose how best to support depending on your time and current circumstances.
Here are 10 ways to stay involved:
- Share your story - we love hearing what Herts graduates are up to, and how your student experience has impacted your career and shaped your future. By providing a written profile or short video, you can inspire prospective and current students. Find out more and share your story now on your alumni portal
- Share your news - email the Alumni team to share your news, notable achievements, career or industry successes
- Share your knowledge - through a research article or thought leadership piece we can share your expertise. Blogs and vlogs are also a great way to introduce a topic you are passionate about or to share tips and advice with others. If you can help, please email us to share your knowledge
- Speaking opportunities – a great addition to your CV, come back and speak to prospective and current students about your time at Herts, your career highlights and your industry experience. Email us about speaking opportunities
- Reunions and events - organise a reunion with your fellow graduates, email us your reunion plans and tag us in your photos @uniofherts #HertsAlumni
- Make a donation - find out how to make a difference by supporting our students most in need
- Be an international ambassador or get involved with your country chapter. Find out more about international alumni chapters
- Marketplace - if you are a Herts graduate with your own business and can offer a discount on your products or services to fellow alumni, we would love to feature you on our Herts Marketplace. Visit your Alumni Portal for details
- Job opportunities - if you can offer Herts students or fellow alumni a placement, internship or graduate job please email our Careers Team or connect with us via our Handshake platform. Our virtual career fairs are an ideal way to promote your vacancies and network with our students and graduates
- Don't forget to follow and tag us on social media @uniofherts #HertsAlumni
If you're interested in finding out more about any of the above activities or have your own ideas, we'd love to hear from you about anything!