For many, university will be the first time you will need to manage your own finances. This session will introduce you to costs you will face and looks at how you can effectively budget. Before you start, we recommend making sure you have something to write with so you can take notes. The speaker makes several personal recommendations during the video. These are their own personal preference, and of course many other providers are available. You can contact us directly for any questions left unanswered or sign up to receive emails from the University of Hertfordshire.
Online resources (not an endorsement)
- Railcard discounts (railcard.co.uk)
- Student bank accounts (comparethemarket.co.uk)
- General discounts (vouchercodes.co.uk)
- Money-Ready for Uni (blackbullion.com)
- TV Licensing (tvlicensing.co.uk)
- Registering for a Student Discount Card (totum.com)
- Student discounts: (unidays.com / studentbeans.com)
- Useful tools and resources for students (savethestudent.org)
- Money saving tips for students (monesavinexpert.com)
- International discounts (isic.org)
- Budget planner (fudget.com)
Further support at Herts
If you would like to receive further information about the University of Hertfordshire, the application process and our events, please complete our online form.