How we're getting ready
It is our intention that both our campuses, College Lane and De Havilland, will be open from September ready to welcome you at the start of the new academic year. We pride ourselves in putting our students first, preparations are therefore well under way to ensure a safe learning and social environment is ready for you to enjoy when you arrive on campus.
We are introducing new safety measures, including:
- New signage to help you navigate the campuses, including one-way walking routes
- Social distancing measures in our buildings and around campus, such as 2 metre markers and spaces within teaching spaces and specialist facilities
- Enhanced cleaning regimes across all university buildings
- Additional advice on hand-washing
- Queuing marshals
- Ensuring on-campus accommodation meets the latest government guidelines
- A support service if you feel worried or notice that others are not following social distancing rules
We will be developing these plans further so please keep an eye out for future updates about what we are doing to make sure you have the best start of your term.
New campus signage
Below is a selection of the new signage implemented throughout the University to help you easily and safely navigate campus.