Developing your primary school's computing capability and leadership
Due to the unique nature of the subject, leading computing in primary schools can be challenging, particularly for non-specialists and it is vital that subject leaders can access regular, external support. Through half termly sessions, subject leaders will effectively assess their current computing capability and identify next steps to enhance the subject, which can be linked to the school’s wider development plans. Opportunities will also be provided to share good practice and network with other local subject leads.
This professional development will support teachers to:
- identify strengths and weaknesses in their school’s current computing provision
- highlight next steps in developing computing across the school
- regularly meet with other local subject leaders to share good practice.
How will you learn
Meeting on a half termly basis, teachers will examine specific areas of the subject, such as assessment, enrichment and community engagement, based on their development needs. This programme will be delivered remotely.
Who is it for?
- primary computing subject leaders
- primary teachers with a specific interest in computing.
Please email us at email@example.com to register your interest in this project.
£200 per school - this entitles two teachers to participate.
For enquiries and booking please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.