All students studying a sports degree benefit from our excellent newly-refurbished facilities. There are six purpose built sports laboratories including a therapy room with an adjacent Sports Injuries Clinic. This is used by sports therapy students for clinical practice.
The labs provide you with an extensive range of state of the art sport, exercise and therapy equipment, to help you get most out your practical sessions. They include:
- ergonometers, which measure the amount of work done by a muscle or muscle groups
- dynamometers, to measure strength of joints
- anthropometric equipment to measure the size, weight and proportions of the human body.
- equipment for respiratory analysis, blood analysis and cardio-vascular analysis.
Our specialist equipment for sports therapy students includes:
- hydraulic 3-section couches
- thermo later heat-pack
- electrotherapy equipment such as ultrasound, interferential and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (T.E.N.S.).
Our sports facilities and our Sports Village on the de Havilland Campus compromises of:
- 3 UEFA Standard Soccer Pitches
- Rugby Pitch
- 2 New Generation floodlit artificial turf pitches
- National short course standard 25m Swimming Pool
- 12 International Standard Badminton Courts
- Sports Hall with sprung floor
- Cricket hall with 4 indoor lanes, ECB standard