Computing and software availability at the University
You'll find computers available to use in the Learning Resources Centres (LRCs) and computing labs across the campuses.
Lots of students choose to use their own laptops and other devices as you can access power and Wi-Fi across campus.
As well as access to PCs and Macs, all Herts students and staff are able to loan a laptop or PC. For more information on how to apply, collection, what’s included and usage, visit our ‘Computer loans for students’ page.
If you are a supported student who needs adjustments to any part of the service please contact Disability Services.
Internet on campus
You will have free access to the internet at the University of Hertfordshire using a compatible device.
The University has many ways you can access the internet, whether you are a student, member of staff, a visitor we an option for you.
Print, copy and scan on campus
The Herts Mobile app
Download the Herts Mobile app to find your way around campus. Plus you can:
- access your virtual ID card
- use Wayfinding to plan your visit and find your way around campus
- find a PC to use on campus
- get notifications including late changes to your timetable and library book reminders
- view local stops and see upcoming departures
- check service status updates
- get answers to your questions on Ask Herts including information on registration, food and drink, sports, entertainment, societies, and more.
To download this handy app onto your smartphone - just search for Herts Mobile in your app store.
Tips and advice on what device to buy for Uni
What to look out for?
Need help or advice?
We’re always here to help!
Contact the Library and Computing Services Helpdesk