Entry requirements

Found your perfect course? Now find out how to get a place.

Standard entry requirements

Many of our courses have specific entry requirements which can be seen on our course pages.

The pages below will provide you with the overarching standard entry requirements for undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses.

Transferring to Herts

Many undergraduate courses at the University of Hertfordshire allow advanced entry for students wishing to transfer their studies. Your previous study will be assessed using the Accreditation of Prior Learning process.

It is important that the previous study was relevant and current in order for your entry to be considered directly into the second or third year of the course. You will be asked to provide transcripts from your previous studies as part of the admissions process.

If you'd like to make an application for an undergraduate programme, please do so through UCAS and specify which year of entry you would like to be considered for.

Returning to study

If you have prior higher education or equivalent work experience, we may be able to take this into account and allow you to enter your chosen course at an advanced level. For example, if you have an HND in an appropriate subject and want to achieve an Honours degree, you may be considered for exemption from the first two years of a full-time degree (Level 4 and Level 5 studies).

You may also be awarded credit for relevant prior learning such as previous courses studied, or your industrial, professional or other experience. For example, if you have an HND you might be able to study part-time to 'top-up' to an Honours degree in two years.

My studies gave me the broad set of skills needed to work in a blue-chip company.

Matthew Nolepa

Computer Aided Engineering