Most of our taught postgraduate and research degrees have entry requirements specific to the course. You can view these on the online prospectus page for each individual course.
However, below is some general guidance on our entry requirements for postgraduate study.
- Most taught Master's degrees require you to hold an Honours degree or equivalent qualification.
- Detailed entry requirements for the degree you want to apply for can be found in the course description.
- If you have prior higher education or equivalent work experience, we may be able to take this into account and allow you to enter your chosen course at an advanced level.
- You should normally hold a first or upper second class Honours degree in the proposed study area in order to register for any form of research degree.
- We are, however, pleased to consider applicants who can demonstrate their capability by means of publications or employment responsibilities.
- If you are an international student, for research degrees you would normally need an IELTS score of 6.5.