How to make payments to the University of Hertfordshire
You can pay your tuition and/or accommodation fees by any of the methods on this page.
From 1 January 2024 the University will no longer be accepting cash as a payment method. Please use one of our preferred payment methods as shown on this page.
Online using a debit or credit card
To make a payment via our payment portal use one of the following options:
You can also access your payment plans for your Accommodation and Tuition Fees here.
Students can pay their fees using the University of Hertfordshire Payment Portal, to allow you or your sponsor an option to securely send bank account transfers for payment of your tuition fee in your local currency if you wish to.
You may need to visit your bank branch or use your online banking facility to arrange the payment. It will, however, provide you with certainty as to the cost of the payment in your local currency, provided the payment is arranged within the 72 hour timescale.
The process to pay using this service will be as follows:
- before starting, ensure that you have your student registration number to hand and also the exact tuition fee payable in pounds sterling (GBP)
- once the simple online form has been completed you will receive an instant quote for the cost of your fees in your local currency. This quotation is guaranteed for 72 hours
- the payment you make will be sent directly to the University of Hertfordshire bank account and as the transfer is initiated in your local currency you do not incur expensive bank charges
- you will be sent an email confirmation as soon as the funds are received.
Keep away from targeted scams and fraud
Attention, students and applicants! Your safety is our top priority, especially when it comes to handling your finances. That's why we strongly recommend using the University's approved payment methods for all your fee transactions. We have implemented rigorous guidelines and policies to ensure that your personal information and funds remain secure.
Unfortunately, the world is full of fraudsters targeting unsuspecting students and applicants. They employ various deceitful tactics related to payments, and we want you to be well-informed and protected. It is crucial that you familiarize yourself with the different types of fraud out there and take necessary precautions to safeguard your personal details. You can find some examples of money-related fraud in the Convera student guide to fraud prevention (PDF - 0.39 Mb).
Remember, when it comes to fee payments, always make them directly to the University using one of the authorized payment methods listed on our official page. Please avoid making payments through third-party platforms or individuals. Your trust and security are of utmost importance to us, and we are here to support you every step of the way.
- Employer/sponsor agreement for student’s tuition fees payment (PDF - 0.04 Mb)
- Read our Student Refund and Compensation Policy
Need to pay a different fee?
Contact our Place2Pay team for more advice on making a payment.
For Place2Pay opening hours please visit AskHerts.