Welcome to the ambassador toolkit! This page has been specifically created to provide you with all the information you need to know when working as a Herts ambassador.
Employment policy and working hours
- The timesheet should be completed showing the correct daily number of hours worked (minus breaks)
- it is a University requirement that a 30-minute break must be taken after 6 hours of work
- the University’s normal working hours are 37 per week
- the University’s week is Monday – Sunday
- do not split weekly claims, for example, when a month ends and a new one starts in the same week, enter hours on the one timesheet
- the deadline listed below is the date that ambassadors need to submit timesheets by. Following the submission of your timesheet, it will be compared with your Dashboard profile to ensure only booked hours have been claimed. If there are any discrepancies, your timesheet will be rejected, and you will need to resubmit your timesheet with corrected hours
- only fully approved timesheet claims on the payroll deadline will be pulled into payroll for processing.
HR System and timesheets
All timesheets must be submitted via the University HR System. Timesheets completed via Dashboard are not accepted and you will not be paid if you fail to complete a timesheet as outlined in the guides below. If you submit your timesheet after the timesheet submission deadline stated above, there may be delays in payment reaching you.
Submitting timesheets via a mobile browser may result in errors, so we highly recommend you use a computer to submit your timesheets. If you are unable to submit your timesheets on your personal device for any reason, please use one of the computers in the LRCs or around campus.
Please note, we will never send you an email asking for your log in details to Dashboard or the HR System. Please use the links on this page to navigate to the required systems.
Expenses may be paid to ambassadors in exceptional circumstances, usually where travelling for an event is required. You may only submit a claim if you have prior approval from the ambassadors team, or the manager of an event you are working at. If you do not have approval, any expense claims will be rejected.
Dashboard is the platform we use to send out job bookings and to monitor your working hours, ensuring that you do not work over your permitted hours. All work as an ambassador must be logged through the ambassadors team. If you are asked to work from a member of staff directly, please let us know as soon as you can. Failure to inform us of any direct booking requests may result in your removal from the ambassador scheme.
As well as the general responsibilities for all student ambassadors, there are also three specialisms that you can express your interest in joining - acceptance on to a specialism may require additional interviews and training provided by the related team in Marketing and Communications.
Leaving the ambassador scheme
You can request to leave the ambassador scheme by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can also temporarily freeze your account (placement, study abroad and dormant students only). If you are graduating from Herts we request that you also email to notify us.