The TVAD blog is the place for discussion of ideas and issues raised by the work of TVAD.
It's also where you'll find a record of past achievements, hopes and aspirations as well as our connections to research all over the world, including contributions from:
- Prof Rebecca Houze TVAD Visiting Professor 2017-19 (Professor Northern Illinois University)
- Dr Daniel Huppatz Visiting Professor 2015-16 (Senior Lecturer at Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia)
- Dr Javier Gimeno-Martínez Visiting Professor 2014-15 (Assistant Professor at the Vrije University Amsterdam)
- Dr Kjetil Fallan Visiting Professor 2012-13 (Associate Professor of Design History in the Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas at the University of Oslo)
- Dr David Brody Visiting Professor 2011-12 (Parsons, the New School for Design, New York City)
TVAD Research seminars 2019/20
Join us for the TVAD Talks research seminar series, held monthly on Wednesday lunchtimes during term. We start at 13.00 and run usually until 14:30 in the Arts and Design Building, AB147.
Whether you are doing research yourself, whether you're an artist, designer or historian, or not, we always aim to make it interesting and inclusive.
This academic year we have decided to focus TVAD's talk programme on the truly excellent research being conducted by scholars at University of Hertfordshire's School of Creative Arts.
Across the School we have numerous scholars who have had their books published in 2019 and forthcoming, so
we are launching this year's talks programme with one by our Associate Dean for Research, Dr Steven Adams, talking about his new publication Landscape Painting in Revolutionary France: Liberty's Embrace (Routlege 2019)
9 Oct 2019 Dr Steven Adams - Some Thoughts on Writing about the Past: Deleuze and Uncertainty
13 Nov 2019 Stephen Hunt (UH Designer and UH DEd candidate) - On Creativity
15 Jan 2020 Prof Dr Grace Lees-Maffei - Signifying Orientalism, Chinoiserie and Japonisme: Fashion Photography in UK Vogue
19 Feb 2020 Dr Silvio Carta - Larger, anonymous and machine-driven collectives: How algorithms transcend private into the public life of individuals
1 Apr 2020 Dr Alana Jelinek - Between Discipline and a Hard Place: The Value of Contemporary Art
To sign up for TVAD alerts, please contact Alana Jelinek
Past seminar series
TVAD on YouTube
TVAD Talks are available on the University of Hertfordshire's YouTube channel, in the Creative Arts Research playlist and on the TVAD Talks YouTube channel.
Crisis Communication: BP’s public relations after Deepwater Horizon (2014)
Nick Lovegrove (University of Hertfordshire)
Writing Textiles, Fashion, and Design Reform in Austria-Hungary Before WW1 (2016)
Rebecca Houze (TVAD Visiting Researcher)
Corporate Censorship (2018)
Alana Jelinek (University of Hertfordshire)