Creative Writing is taught at the University of Hertfordshire as a part of the School of Humanities undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
What we do
- Publish creative work in fiction, poetry and drama.
- Combine creative writing practice with teaching.
- Engage with community projects.
- Explore the practical and interdisciplinary applications of Creative Writing.
- Combine heritage and creative applications in outreach projects, working with local museums and schools.
We welcome inquiries from potential research students wishing to work broadly in these areas.
- Helen Gordon (geology and the natural world; twentieth and twenty-first century fiction)
- Dr Wayne Holloway-Smith (contemporary poetics of masculinity)
- Simon Vinnicombe (contemporary drama and play writing, screen writing, drama adaptation)
- Dr Jennifer Young (historical fiction; crime fiction; creative writing pedagogy; heritage studies)