Older People's Health And Complex Conditions
Our research focuses on older people with multiple health and social care needs, including the oldest old and those with cognitive impairment and dementia. We lead and collaborate on a programme of multi-disciplinary, externally funded studies on health care provision to older people and their family carers living at home, in care homes and in hospital. This includes how primary health care works with social care and long-term care providers to support this population.
For further information, contact Professor Claire Goodman.
Our activities fall into the following areas:
Dementia care research
- Dementia friendly health care and dementia aware communities
- Dementia and other co morbid health conditions
- Supporting care homes as partners in health and end of life care
- Understanding how to achieve shared decision for people living with dementia
Care home research
- Supporting integrated working between the NHS and care home providers
- Supporting care homes as partners in health and end of life care.
- end of life care and continence care for people living with dementia.
Support for older people with complex health needs
- People living with dementia and other co-morbid health conditions.
- Promoting partnership working, including shared decision making
Promoting health ageing for older people
- Improving nutrition in older people in hospitals and the community.
- Experiences and understanding of food safety practices in older people.
- Older people’s perceptions of falls and falls prevention.
|Professor Claire Goodman||Professor in Health Care Research|
|Professor Frances Bunn||Professor in Health and Complex Conditions|
|Lisa Irvine||Senior Research Fellow|
|Dr Jennifer Lynch||Senior Research Fellow|
|Dr Elspeth Mathie||Senior Research Fellow|
|Mas Musa||Research Fellow|
|Dr Gizdem Akdur||Research Fellow|
|Nicole Darlington||Senior Research Assistant|
|Chloe Bennett||Research Assistant|