Support for alumni
Careers support for Herts alumni and new graduates
For up to four years from completing your studies our Careers and Employment Service are here to support you in getting a job and progressing your career.
Our Careers Team are experts in early years career development. We offer support to help you search for vacancies, write an effective CV and cover letter, make a winning application, practise interview skills and start your own business. Whatever your goals, we can help.
How we can help
- Access online resources through the Careers and Employment website.
- Got a question or need some advice? Visit Handshake to make an appointment to speak one to one with a Careers Adviser
- Find a job, internship or work experience with Handshake. This is where we advertise all our vacancies. There are many employers that advertise roles specifically for University of Hertfordshire students and graduates.
- Interact with the Handshake community. An opportunity to network with future employers and others.
- Careers events and workshops. From careers fairs to employer presentations find out what's on and book yourself a place via Handshake
For your reference see our full Statement of Service (PDF - 0.44 Mb).
Being your own boss and business start-up support
If you are an aspiring entrepreneur or business owner, find out about the Graduate Entrepreneur Programme and other enterprise support which is available just for you.
After four years
We specialise in early years careers support and are unable to arrange careers advice or appointments for alumni who have graduated over four years ago.
If you live in England, we recommend contacting the National Careers Service. Visit the National Careers Service website to find out more information. The service offers confidential and impartial advice.
You may also want to consider a career coach. Visit the Lifecoach Directory to find a coach near you.
It's also worth making the most of LinkedIn and other networks you have to promote your profile and connect with others.