Support for alumni
We support recent graduates and alumni
The Careers and Employment Service is happy to help University of Hertfordshire graduates in their job search for up to three years after their course ends.
We offer one-to-one support to help you develop a job search strategy, an effective CV and cover letter, get help with application forms or practice interview skills. Whatever your goals, we can help.
One-to-one personalised support
- Weekly appointments for all career related topics with a Career Adviser by phone, skype or in person.
- Advise and Support with CVs, cover letters and applications forms.
- Practice Mock Interviews , both in person and online with Interview Stream.
- Enterprise Guidance with an Enterprise Adviser to support all graduates from building a business plan to funding.
All bookable by visiting CareerHub or by telephone on +44 (0)170728 4791.
Careers events and workshops
We provide continuing support for graduates helping them find jobs, creating winning applications and preparing for interviews. You're welcome to attend our Careers Fairs, employer presentations and workshops for up to three years after you have completed your course. All of our workshops are also available as webinars for those who can't make it onto campus.
Access the events and workshop programme and book yourself a place via CareerHub or by telephoning +44 (0)1707 284791
The Careers and Employment Service have a wide range of resources to allow all graduates to continue their learning remotely
- CareerHub Resources holds all written advice and support from our Career Advisers, short tutorial videos and links to recommended external resources.
- LinkedIn Learning, is an online learning platform delivering over 9000 digital courses by industry experts to your phone, tablet or computer. A subscription purchased by the University of Hertfordshire for graduates from 2018 onwards.
Access graduate job vacancies via CareerHub. There are many employers that advertise roles specifically for University of Hertfordshire students and graduates through CareerHub.
Enterprise and Self Employment Support
If you aspire to run your own projects, start your own business or become a freelancer then we have the programme for you. The Graduate Entrepreneur Programme will support a number of first degree graduates each year in their journey towards being their own boss.
5 Benefits of the Graduate Entrepreneur Programme
- You will receive £3000 in financial support, paid in instalments.
- You will gain full time membership of our Incubation Centre, which includes hot-desking facilities, bookable meeting rooms and postal service.
- A mentored journey with mentoring sessions to support members’ growth.
- We'll help improve your business plan and prepare it for funding applications and investment pitches.
- Each member is assigned a peer buddy to make sure they share their journey and have a more supportive experience.
If you have any questions on the Graduate Entrepreneur Programme give us a call on +44 (0) 1707 284791 or use the Ask a Question feature on CareerHub.
After three years
We are unable to arrange careers advice appointments for UH alumni who have graduated over three years ago. If you want to speak to a careers adviser, we recommend the following service:
- 'National Careers Service' - The National Careers Service provides information, advice and guidance to help you make decisions on learning, training and work opportunities. The service offers confidential and impartial advice. This is supported by qualified careers advisers.
You may also want to consider a career coach - reach out to your network to see if they can recommend anyone or visit the Lifecoach Directory to find a coach near you.
It's also worth making the most of your LinkedIn profile - to get started, go to the dashboard on your LinkedIn Profile and find the Career Advice hub. From there, enter your preferences for the type of advice you're looking to give or receive and LinkedIn will recommend members based on what you've specified, mutual interests and what they know about you professionally.
Find out what other support is available to you as an Alumni of UH by clicking here.