Based at the University of Hertfordshire since 2011, PSQM originally catered to UK primary school science leaders. Now globally renowned, over 5000 schools have achieved a PSQM across the UK and internationally including: Germany, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Cyprus, Dubai, USA, Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia.
In response to an increased interest from overseas, PSQM has introduced online international school hubs led by dedicated experts in primary science.
The PSQM package for international schools is currently priced at £1100 and includes:
- One year (six sessions) of professional development supporting the core PSQM programme for the science subject leader, plus the option of including another member of staff
- One year of online mentoring and support from a dedicated PSQM hub leader who is an expert in primary science
- Two years' access to all PSQM resources via the PSQM Virtual Learning Environment, including in-school activities and pre-recorded sessions covering all aspects of science subject leadership, teaching and learning
- The opportunity to network with other science subject leaders
- A quality framework for self-evaluation and development
- An accreditation valid for three years from the date it is awarded
- A certificate for the school on successful completion of the programme
PSQM offers many additional benefits thanks to its supportive partners and stakeholders, including:
- Access to additional fully funded primary science CPD including live webinars and remotely delivered subject specific workshops, delivered by PSQM and funded by the Royal Society of Chemistry; suitable for all teachers and teaching assistants in school.