About the course
This course will cover the skills needed to design questionnaire-based surveys, focussing on the practical application of statistical ideas and methods. The software G*Power will be used to demonstrate the topics covered.
This course is aimed at those who need to plan and design questionnaire-based surveys. It is the first day of our two-day Survey Design and Analysis course.
The day covers the vital activities of designing a quality survey and obtaining a good sample. It covers the following topics.
- Defining your sample
- Choosing the right sampling methods to obtain a representative sample (e.g. stratified sampling, cluster sampling, multi-stage sampling, …)
- Deciding on the best way to collect your data (e.g. online, face-to-face, postal questionnaire, …)
- Designing questions to get good quality answers
- Deciding on the sample size needed to get estimates that have sufficient accuracy
- Using effect sizes and power to decide the sample size needed for statistical tests
- The software G*Power will be used to demonstrate sample size calculations
This course is currently only available by attending the full two-day Survey Design and Analysis course, but dates can be organised if an organisation have a group of people wanting to take this course.