PgDip Pharmacy Practice
About the course
The programme has been designed for Pharmacists who wish to develop their Clinical Pharmacy, Therapeutic Management and Professional Skills and is linked to the Foundation Pharmacy Framework.
Students undertake the certificate in year 1 with progression to the diploma in year 2. The modules within the programme develops core clinical pharmacy and therapeutic skills with a focus on the management of patients on acute and long-term conditions. Patient safety and leadership in practice are also core elements covered on the modules. Students undertake work-based learning that is supported by a recognised work-based tutor and attend monthly study days at the university of Hertfordshire.
Why choose this course?
The programme offers
- 2 year course for Diploma in Pharmacy Practice. Students are able to upgrade to an MSc in Pharmacy Practice post achievement of the PGDip Pharmacy Practice qualification.
- Clinical and therapeutic focused study days supported by our internationally renowned simulation suite
- Directed learning with progression to self-directed learning
- Learning and sharing of experiences with colleagues from other hospitals
- Programme linked to the Foundation Pharmacy Framework
- An opportunity for transferring credits/qualifications between universities participating within the JPB collaboration (subject to approval)
- Historically, funding has always been available from Health Education, England.
If you decide to study this course on a part time basis you will be charged £540 per 15 credits for the 2017 academic year. Please note that charges based on Health Contract funding may vary.