PgDip Pharmacy Practice
Why choose Herts?
- Funding Available: Funding is available from Health Education, England. In addition, University of Hertfordshire students are eligible for a 20% discount on Postgraduate Study.
- Professional Accreditation: The curriculum follows the Royal Pharmaceutical Society’s Foundation Pharmacy Framework [FPF]. The Pharmacist Independent Prescribing module is accredited by the General Pharmaceutical Council.
- Excellent Reputation: You will experience clinical and therapeutic focused study within our internationally renowned simulation suite and teaching facilities, including Europe's largest medical simulation laboratory.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2020/2021. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details.
About the course
The programme has been designed for Pharmacists who wish to develop their Clinical Pharmacy, Therapeutic Management and Professional Skills and is linked to the Foundation Pharmacy Framework.
Students undertake the certificate in year 1 with progression to the diploma in year 2. The modules within the programme develops core clinical pharmacy and therapeutic skills with a focus on the management of patients on acute and long-term conditions. Patient safety and leadership in practice are also core elements covered on the modules. Students undertake work-based learning that is supported by a recognised work-based tutor and attend monthly study days at the university of Hertfordshire.
Why choose this course?
The programme offers
- 2 year course for Diploma in Pharmacy Practice. Students are able to upgrade to an MSc in Pharmacy Practice post achievement of the PGDip Pharmacy Practice qualification.
- Clinical and therapeutic focused study days supported by our internationally renowned simulation suite
- Directed learning with progression to self-directed learning
- Learning and sharing of experiences with colleagues from other hospitals
- Programme linked to the Foundation Pharmacy Framework
- An opportunity for transferring credits/qualifications between universities participating within the JPB collaboration (subject to approval)
- Historically, funding has always been available from Health Education, England.
If you decide to study this course on a part time basis you will be charged £540 per 15 credits for the 2017 academic year. Please note that charges based on Health Contract funding may vary.
|Professional Development in the NHS (Work Based)||30 Credits||Compulsory|
|Pharmaceutical Care (Work Based)||30 Credits||Compulsory|
|Applied Therapeutics 1-long term disease states (work based)||30 Credits||Compulsory|
|Applied Therapeutics 2-short term/acute disease states (work based)||30 Credits||Compulsory|
Further course information
|Course fact sheets|
|PgDip Pharmacy Practice||Download|
|MSc Pharmacy Practice||Download|
Sandwich placement or study abroad year
Applications open to international and EU students
At the University of Hertfordshire, we want to make sure your time studying with us is as stress-free and rewarding as possible. We offer a range of support services including; student wellbeing, academic support, accommodation and childcare to ensure that you make the most of your time at Herts and can focus on studying and having fun.
You can also read our student blogs to find out about life at Herts.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.