- Our MSc in Artificial Intelligence (Online) mirrors the experience of our Artificial Intelligence Lab and is regularly updated to reflect the most recent developments in the field ensuring you are fully prepared after graduation.
- The course focuses on the exciting fields of AI programming and advanced algorithms, designing and developing responsible AI software, and studying, understanding, and applying machine learning logic.
- The mode of delivery and assessments is project and problem solving based, combining real-life scenarios with a reflective learning experience, aimed at developing the highest level of problem solving and AI development skills.
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, examinations may be replaced by an alternative form of assessment during the academic year 2020/2021. Please refer to the Programme Specification on these pages for further details.
About the course
The award builds on the extensive experience and long-established reputation of our Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, in researching areas such as AI, AI programming, and machine learning. Artificial Intelligence has been taken to a new level by the current developments in the industry, implementing it in almost all sectors, such as vehicle engineering, medicine, finance, services, big data analytics, and cybersecurity. The MSc Artificial Intelligence (Online) embeds these developments through subjects, aiming at developing the most current and required skills in the industry.
Why choose this course?
- One of a range of advanced courses within our postgraduate Master's programme in Computer Science, this particular course provides you with a specialism in Artificial Intelligence.
- Advanced topics studied include AI programming, machine learning, AI theory and practice, and responsible technologies.
- You will gain an internationally recognised master's degree from the UK's University of Hertfordshire.
- Flexible online learning allows you to fit study around your other commitments, without travel and accommodation costs.
- Taught by a highly regarded and long-established computer science department.
- Benefit from the same academic standards and quality control procedures as our equivalent on campus course.
What will I study?
Our online MSc programmes are taught 100% online through the University’s virtual learning environment, StudyNet. Assessment is by coursework and online tests.
You will receive learning materials, take part in discussions and submit your assignments online. Additionally, you will receive study resources such as key e-books and any specialist software. You will have access to the University's extensive online library facilities, or be able to visit in person if you so choose.
The amount of study time required is no different from that needed for an on-campus programme. You should expect to spend at least 30 hours per week if studying full-time, and in proportion if part-time.
Our online masters programme is designed to give graduates the up-to-date skills and knowledge sought after by employers, whether in business, industry, government or research.
The MSc Artificial Intelligence course will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills in AI program development, with the flexibility of working in many sectors of the industry, or focusing on specific areas of research, delivering ethical and responsible AI solutions.
Successful graduates may pursue a career as an AI or machine learning researcher, service and manufacturing automation, AI programmer, and AI systems engineering.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our course pages may have been taken before social distancing rules in the UK came into force.