MSc Advanced Computer Science (Online)
- Our MSc Advanced Computer Science is industry-focused, using delivery methods that have been tested throughout our long-term provision of the programme, but annually updated to reflect the most current development in advanced computer science field.
- The course focuses on algorithmic solutions, but also allows you to study other core subjects in artificial intelligence, cyber security, data science and analytics or software engineering.
- Our project-based delivery method combines advanced programming models and paradigms aimed at developing the highest level of problem solving and quality management skills in computer science.
About the course
This course will enable you to enhance your career prospects or prepare for a programme of research that requires knowledge of more of the sub-discipline areas. You will have a wide range of taught modules from which to choose and will be expected to complete a major project that extends and applies what you have learnt in one or more of the taught modules they have taken.
Why choose this course?
- One of a range of advanced courses within our postgraduate Master's programme in Computer Science, this particular course provides you with a specialism combining theoretical knowledge and practical skills in advanced computer science.
- This MSc will help you develop skills using and critically evaluating a range of methods and tools currently employed in the specialist topics of computer science to advanced depth.
- Gain an internationally recognised master's degree.
- Flexible online learning allows you to fit study around your other commitments, without travel and accommodation costs.
- Taught by a highly regarded and long-established computer science department.
- Benefit from the same academic standards and quality control procedures as our equivalent on campus course.
What will I study?
Our online MSc programmes are taught 100% online through the University’s virtual learning environment, StudyNet. Assessment is by coursework and online tests.
You will receive learning materials, take part in discussions and submit your assignments online. Additionally, you will receive study resources such as key e-books and any specialist software. You will have access to the University's extensive online library facilities, or be able to visit in person if you so choose.
The amount of study time required is no different from that needed for an on-campus programme. You should expect to spend at least 30 hours per week if studying full-time, and in proportion if part-time.
Our online masters programme is designed to give you the up-to-date skills and knowledge sought after by employers, whether in business, industry, government or research. The MSc Advanced Computer Science course will equip you with in-depth knowledge and practical skills in varies specialist topics of computer science to an advanced depth enabling you to pursue your dream career.
Successful graduates may pursue a career in areas such as programming, artificial intelligence, cyber security, data science, or software engineering, pending on the knowledge and skill set gained through the optional modules the graduates choose and complete.