Sanctions for the non-payment of debts to the University
The University’s policy where the student ends the academic year in debt for tuition fees is to:
- bar the student from returning in the following year.
- bar the student from attending his/her Awards Ceremony.
- refuse to confer a University award.
- withhold examination results.
- withdraw StudyNet to prevent a student from accessing StudyNet material, submitting assignments or registering for Awards Ceremonies.
- not examine Research students.
The University may take further action where appropriate.
The University will not normally bar the student from attending re-sit examinations, provided that he/she has arranged with the Student Finance team, or the Research department, as appropriate, to pay the fee or other debt.