Celebrating the diversity of our community
Celebrating our people
We mark national campaigns, like Black History Month, with a range of engaging workshops and events for our community
Crossing with Pride
We’ve installed Pride Crossings at both campuses in support of our LGBT+ staff and students
Supporting our LGBTQ+ community
We have rolled out a new LGBTQ+ Allies staff training programme to enhance their ability to support our LGBTQ+ community
We’re a proudly diverse institution that celebrates that diversity at every opportunity—from sharing the stories and insights of our community, to marking campaigns such as Black History Month, LGBTQ+ History Month, Pride Month, Disability History Month, Carers Week, and International Women's Day, among others.
We encourage everyone in our community to get involved, either by attending or hosting an event. Staff will find a full calendar of Diversity events on our intranet, Herts Hub.
How to get involved
There are many ways staff and students can get involved in EDI activities across the university and throughout the year. If you’ve not yet joined Herts and have questions, please do contact the Equality Diversity and Inclusion Team.
- join the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic student advocate network or contribute to the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic student success working group
- join Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic staff success working group
- join your staff Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion Team (EDIT)
- staff can apply for the Diversifying Leadership programme, join the LGBTQ+ mentoring scheme or the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic Reverse Mentoring Scheme
- apply for a scholarship, grant or bursary
- attend an event as a participant or speaker
- join the student’s union
- join the LGBTQ+ Allies programme to support our staff while also advocating for equality across the institution.