Our radiotherapy courses will give you with knowledge and skills to work in the dynamic and highly-specialised field of radiotherapy and oncology.
- Radiotherapy and Oncology BSc(Hons)
UCAS code: B822
- Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences Diagnostic Imaging (MSc, PgD, PgC)
- Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences Image Interpretation (MSc, PgD, PgC)
- Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences Oncological Sciences (MSc, PgD, PgC)
- Medical Imaging and Radiation Sciences Ultrasound (MSc, PgD, PgC)
We also have a range of short courses for professionals who are interested in refreshing their knowledge and skills or just want to stay on top of new developments in radiography and radiotherapy.
More information about our radiography and radiotherapy short courses
Our staff include qualified therapeutic radiographers and other health professionals who are experts in their fields and come with a lot of experience.
We pride ourselves on the levels of academic, clinical and pastoral support our students can expect, including year and personal tutors, disability support and clinical tutor support, with a lecturing team who are accessible and welcoming.
The students on our radiography courses use the following facilities to support their clinical practice skills development:
- laboratory-based equipment such as 'VERT' (a radiotherapy treatment simulation system)
- radiotherapy planning computers
- a computer imaging suite
In addition to the use of our facilities, we help our students find clinical placements in radiotherapy departments, as we believe that the best way to gain radiotherapy clinical skills and knowledge is by hands-on experience that can be gained by working in our partner clinical placement hospitals.
We have a dedicated team that manages and supports clinical placements. The team involves our University lecturers, practice educators and clinical co-ordinators who work together to ensure that your clinical practice experience is of the highest quality.