Physical activity and sports play a leading role in today’s global society from coaching and helping athletes recover from injury to competing in international events. Our programmes cover areas from physiology, biomechanics and psychology to injury assessment and treatment, coaching and business management. Our industry-standard facilities, research and industry informed teaching and opportunities for work experience and placements ensure you get the most from your time with us and prepare you for your future career.
Why choose this subject area?
- 2nd in the East of England for Sports Science (2023 Complete University Guide)
- top 25% for academic support and student voice for sports and exercise sciences (2022 National Student Survey)
- undertake work experience opportunities enabling you to put your skills into practice and make industry connections
- learn in state-of-the-art facilities, including a biomechanics laboratory, human physiology and blood research labs, a sports injury clinic, an environment and control room, and more
View our Undergraduate courses
Sign up for Clearing support package
Exclusive content to help you through Clearing
- Tips and info sent straight to your inbox
- Clearing advice livestream
- Subject campus tour
- 1-on-1 call with advisor
- Downloadable university starter kit
- Opportunity to have your first year society membership fee paid upon enrolment
'The variety of modules and the exposure to different disciplines within my course were extremely useful. This was crucial in helping me determine my path. After year one, I knew I liked marketing, so I worked with the ERASMUS team to find a pathway to help me study this abroad. I then studied business in Valencia for a year and it was an experience I’ll never forget.'