PhD opportunities in optical networks
Dr Pandelis Kourtessis, Dr Mohammed Jamro, Dr Milos Milosavljevic.
Areas of study
- High speed communications for Passive Optical Networks
- Next Generation Passive Optical Networks (NGPONs)
- Next Generation Access Networks (NGANs)
- Long-Reach Passive Optical networks for Metropolitan network consolidation
- Optical Wireless networks convergence
- Optical network architectures and protocols design for wireless backhauling
- Medium Access Control (MAC) protocols and algorithms for NGPONs
- System Level design for centralised Optical Wireless networks
- MAC Protocol designs for optimisation of Optical and Wireless network convergence
- Optical Networks including millimetre wave Fibre Wireless (FiWi) and software defined system-on-chip embedded platforms employing fast FPGAs.